- Basic terms/concepts: sets, maps, equivalence relations, groups, rings, fields
- Linear equation systems: solvability criteria, Gauss algorithm
- Vector spaces: linear independence, generating systems and bases, dimension, subspaces, quotient spaces, cross products in R^3,
- Linear maps: image and rank, relationship to matrices, behaviour under change of basis
- Dual vector spaces: multilinear forms, alternating and symmetric bilinear forms, relationship to matrices, change of basis
- Determinants: Cramer's rule, eigenvalues and eigenvectors
Participation in the preparatory course (Brückenkurs) is highly recommended.