This course offers an introduction to various types of data and analysis techniques which are typically used in the life sciences (e.g. omics technologies). The goal is to get a deeper understanding of advanced concepts and data analytical methods in the area of life sciences.
The focus will be on the following topics:
* acquisition and pre-processing of data from the area of life sciences,
* explorative analysis techniques,
* concepts and tools for reproducible research,
* theory and practice of methods and models for the analysis of data from the life sciences (statistical inference, regression models, methods of machine learning),
* introduction to methods of big data analysis.
After successful completion of this course, participants are able to evaluate, plan and conduct investigations in the life sciences using common methods.