After this course the students
- have a deep understanding of design principles of security protocols and security infrastructures.
- have knowledge of the basic security goals in cryptography and its relevance to practical use cases.
- understand, in which way well-known security protocols (TLS, PACE, EAC) achieve the security goals.
- understand the key topics of the wide-spread security infrastructure standards and apply them to practical tasks.
- are able to choose suitable protocols for a given use case.
- can evaluate the security properties of security protocols and infrastructures.
- Security goals (CIA)
- Network security protocols (TLS)
- Security protocols for electronic ID cards
- Abstract Syntax Notation 1 (ASN.1)
- Certificates and related standards X.509/RFC5280
- Public Key Cryptography Standard Series
- Certificate-based security infrastructures (PKI)
- Practical and theoretical solutions to exercises