This course addresses communication asp. The lecture addresses topics such as:
- Basic background: protocls, services, models, communication standards;
- Principles of communication engineering: signals, coding, modulation, media;
- Data link layer: media access etc.;
- Local networks: IEEE-Standards, Ethernet, bridges;
- Network layer: routing and forwarding, Internet protocols (IPv4, IPv6);
- Transport layer: quality of service, flow control, congestion control, TCP;
- Internet: TCP/IP protocol suite;
- Applications: WWW, security, network management;
- New network concepts.
In the supplementary exercise course the students will practically apply their knowledge.