Students have acquired a deeper understanding of fundamental mathematical and algorithmic concepts in the field of modeling, simulation and analysis of complex biological systems against the background of current research trends in system biology and biotechnology. They are capable of analyzing a given biological or medical problem, selecting a suitable modeling approach, independently developing a solution and assessing and communicating the results.
Topics from the following areas are considered in depth:
- Network structure analysis
- Graphical modeling
- Modeling of biochemical networks using standard differential equations
- Discrete modeling of regulatory networks
- Constraint-based modeling
- Stochastic and hybrid modeling