The research internship teaches the craft aspects of empirical research work in computer science or an adjacent field, including for example
- the concrete planning of the implementation of a series of observations already conceived
- the preparation of the execution (manufacture, test, calibrate, check the measuring setup)
- the implementation and monitoring of a series of observations
- the proper collection, cataloguing and archiving of observation data
- the monitoring of data quality
- the annotation and/or correction of the data of impaired or otherwise problematic observations
- analysing the collected data according to predefined criteria
However, these aspects do not include in particular:
- the independent design of test series;
- the independent interpretation of the collected data;
- Software development as such.
https://www.mi.fu-berlin.de/w/SE/PraktikumForschung Make sure you read this, because you usually need to take initiative before this course is actually offered.