The lecture held by Dr. Andreas Wolf (from the Bundesdruckerei) He will give a broad overview of biometric processes and applications. He will also address the current issues with ePassports and new electronic identity cards.
The course aims to include:
- General structure of biometric systems
- Features of biometric modalities
- IT security and risk assessment
- Errors in biometric processes
- Facial and iris recognition
- Speaker recognition and other modalities
Next to the theoretical foundations of biometric modalities, the students are to develop the ability to assess the applicability of biometrics in various scenarios.